02, November, 2017Posted by :House of Favor
Gen 24: 12- The prayer of Eliezer.
KJV verse 12
And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
And he said, O Lord, God of my master Abraham, I pray you, cause me to meet with good success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.
- I pray that someone will meet with good success today in Jesus name.
Gen chapter 24 with 67 verses is the longest chapter in Genesis and was devoted to the search for the wife for Isaac and subsequent wedding. That shows marriage is important to God. However, there are many things we can learn about business from this chapter. Let us look at a few things quickly
- Planning/ Succession
Do you groom your likely successors or do you think you will live forever?
Abraham knew he was old and well stricken in age. His son was not married and based on his experience the daughters of the Canaanites would be a poor choice. He had to plan ahead for the stability of the family and the business. Can your business survive without you?
Proverb 30: 25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meet in the summer.
Jesus encourages planning.
Luke 14: 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it.
How many Nigerian businesses survive the second or third generation?
- Board of Director/ Advisers
Do you have a board that adds value to decision making? Or do you have all yes men echoing your views? Eliezer asked Abraham what happens if the woman refuses to come here, should I take your son there? Abraham said no and explained the reason and why he was sure Eliezer’s trip would be successful. It shows Abraham could be questioned, not yes sir all the time.
Proverb 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counselors there is safety.
Brethren business is warfare!!!
Proverb 26: 16 Message
Dreamers fantasize their self-importance; they think they are smarter than a whole college faculty.
Have you allowed others to subject your fantastic plan to scrutiny? Do you do what-ifs i.e. scenario planning?
- Are you adequately capitalized?
This is another reason most small businesses fail. They overtrade and if their calculations are wrong, they lose everything and sometimes owe more than their capital.
V10 And the servant took ten camels of his master, and departed:
That means he was adequately prepared for the trip. Are you?
In Mathew 25: 1 – 10. Ten virgins were waiting for the bridegroom but five were foolish. Why? They didn’t take enough oil, they didn’t know when the bridegroom was going to come.
Do you have adequate cash flow to run the business while waiting for the major breakthrough?
- Have you done market study? Are you in the right location for your business?
V11 And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
He was at the location that women normally come to draw water and at the right time.
Did you do a study of your business or it was all by faith? Possibly more of foolishness and presumption than faith.
James 2: 18
James 2: 20 work must accompany your faith
James 2: 26
Do you want to become an Accountant without studying? It is magic.
You are not giving your business the attention it requires, how will it grow?
You located your business in Mushin when your clients are in Ajah, are you the only one in the business? When is it the right time for your business?
- Do you pray for your business?
Eliezer prayed for good success? Can you really make it without God in the business place?
In Matt 4: 8- 10 The devil tempted Jesus by taking him to an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
V9 And saith unto him, All these things will l give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
If it was not true, it will not be called temptation. That means you must conquer territories from Satan to acquire wealth as a Christian. People have lost money in strange ways because it is a spiritual battle.
- Who is your God? Do you have a relationship with him?
Eliezer prayed to the God of Abraham. When he met Rebekah and he knew it was divine assistance.
V26 And the man bowed down his head, and worshipped the LORD.
When he met her parents and they allowed her to go with him.
V52 And it came to pass that, when Abraham’s servant heard their words, he worshipped the LORD, bowing himself to the earth.
He combined prayer with worship.
Ephesians 5: 19 – speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.
Do you read Psalms? Do you have a hymn book? Do you pray?
1Thessa 5: 17 – pray without ceasing.
2Chronicles 20: 22 – And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah, and were smitten.
- Do you have loyal staff? Is recruiting the right staff a priority in your business?
Eliezer was a trusted, God fearing and a honest staff? How many of them do you have in your business? Do you know how many businesses have been ruined by paid unfaithful managers? Elizier was the eldest servant in the household of Abraham. What is the staff turnover in your company? Are you owing salaries deliberately?
1 Tim 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shall not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And the labourer is worthy of his reward.
- Have you learnt the art of good communication?
Eliezer was a polite man and a good communicator. He was able to connect quickly with Rebekah. See how he introduced himself to the parents of Rebekah and the account he gave of his meeting with Rebekah.
Do you and your staff chase off customers with the way you communicate?
Prov 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
- The Secret of Prosperity is in giving Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete without it shall be measured to you again.
V22 Eliezer already blessed Rebekah with a golden earring of half a shekel weight and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold; this was before he asked her for her name!!
A soon as the parents agreed that Rebekah could marry his master’s son
V53 And the servant brought forth Jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment, and gave also to her brother And to her mother precious things.
- The shunnamite woman did not ask for prayer. She was just generous. She got a baby boy. 2 Kings 4:8-17
- Abraham entertained three angels He got a baby in return Gen 18:1-10
- Dorcas was restored to life because of her giving to widows Acts 9:36-40 Are you generous towards God? Is God your partner in the business?
God answered the prayer of Eliezer, he will answer your prayers this morning in Jesus name.
- O Lord please give me eyes that see, ears that hear and a heart of understanding in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Prov 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom, and with all thy getting get understanding.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
O Lord give me the wisdom for breakthrough in all my undertakings in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord please give me the humility to act on good and Godly advice in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord please separate me from every friendship, fellowship, partnership and relationship that is not in accordance with your purposes and plans for my life.
- Father God the gold is yours and the silver is yours also, please give unto me the treasures of darkness and the hidden riches of secret places in Jesus name.
- O Lord please rebuke devourers for my sake and restore unto me lost opportunities and benefits in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord today I rededicate my life and my business to you, take total control of every aspect of my life in Jesus name.
- O Lord please direct me to my destiny helpers in Jesus name.
- O Lord please remove every veil of rejection over my business in Jesus name.
- Deliver me O Lord from unprofitable labour and fruitless efforts in Jesus name.
- O Lord give me the master key to my breakthrough in Jesus name. (1Sam 30:11 Egyptian boy was the master key to recovery of David).
- I decree and prophecy that I will not use my mouth to ruin my business/relationship in Jesus name.
- Father God please give me the discernment to recruit good and loyal staff and please expose to me disloyal, dishonest and all ungodly staff in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord reveal and expose all disguised enemies of my life in Jesus name.
- By your mercy O Lord, let your hand of favour rest upon me in Jesus name.
- I pray that the rod of the wicked will not fall upon my lot in Jesus name.
- Prov 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat; and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
O Lord give me a liberal soul in Jesus name.
- O Lord please uproot every plant you have not planted in my business and in my life in Jesus name.
- Gen 30:27b I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me thy sake.
O Lord bless me; make me an asset to my organization.
- O Lord please promote me above my peers and colleagues in Jesus name. 2kings 2:15 sons of prophets bowed to Elisha.
- O Lord you are my God, please hear me and answer me when I call in Jesus name.
- O Lord grant me success today in Jesus name.
- O Lord please frustrate the token of the liars against me. Make the diviners of my enemies mad and turn into foolishness the counsel of their wise men in Jesus name.
- O Lord accelerate my promotion.
- O Lord cause me to be celebrated and preferred where I had been despised, disgraced and rejected before in Jesus name.
- O Lord, crown this year with good success for me in Jesus name.